Join Our Team | Careers at Ciclismo Classico
Do you have la passione for cycling and a love for travel? You’ll fit right in!
Ciclismo is a great place to work. We’re informal and energetic, and always up for a meeting while cycling up the nearby Minuteman Bikeway. We’ve even been named a Bike Friendly Business by the League of American Bicyclists.
If you share our lust for life and our enthusiasm for cultural enrichment, please send your resume and brief cover letter to Lauren@ciclismoclassico.com.
TRAVEL MARKETING MANAGER
The Marketing Manager works closely with Ciclismo Classico’s director. S/he is
responsible for working with our brand guidelines and marketing plan to drive sales
and marketing initiatives, oversee brand management and foster our reputation as the
world’s leading bicycle touring company. The candidate must be a self-starter with a
demonstrated track record of success in a collaborative “hands on” environment with
minimal administrative support.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Manage and support sales and marketing for 30+ bicycle tour programs.
- Write, edit and direct publication of promotional documents, pamphlets, itineraries, advertising copy and other written materials for web, email and hard copy distribution in collaboration with staff and senior management.
- Oversee content of the Ciclismo Classico website including adding content, editing, photographic images, video media, search engine marketing, analysis of key web analytics
- Responsible for creating online social media presence posting to Ciclismo Classico FB, Twitter and other outlets, developing content and cultivating new online communities
- Identify and pursue travel prospects as individuals, groups or organizations
- Drive events & relationships with Ciclismo Classico VIP alumni
- Develop, analyze, report, and improve upon marketing success
- Seek out and manage strategic partnerships to leverage Ciclismo Classico marketing, create additional awareness of the company and generate new customers.
- Manage external agencies and creative partners including PR firms, travel writers, Trusted Adventures marketing alliance, tourism boards, coordinating special promotions with partners, and responding to media inquiries
- Manage display advertising accounts, online advertising, and referring website and research options for new referring sites and links
- Proactively capitalize on new market opportunities, new program development, and to react quickly to unforeseen challenges and events.
- Refine sales and service strategies and solve customer service and sales problems
- Experience and passion for bicycle travel
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to learn quickly.
- 2-5 years of sales and marketing experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, especially including customer sales and service communications, and nuanced brand messaging
- Superior writing and editing skills of a wide range of marketing and sales collateral (ie. web site content, e-newsletters, trip itineraries, client documentation, press releases, etc).
- Familiarity with web marketing and multi-channel social media outreach and use of web analytics to test effectiveness of campaigns that create awareness and generate bookings
- Prior experience and accomplishments in executing low-cost marketing communications programs that rely heavily on internet and e-marketing.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to work with others on multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Provide effective sales and marketing support in a small collaborative team environment
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor and leadership.
- International travel experience, especially in Italy a plus.
Compensation: Will be based on experience. Generous annual bonus based marketing results (sales conversion of leads)
Benefits: Major medical for full-time, travel, paid holidays and sick leave & vacations. One
or more Ciclismo Classico bicycle tours per year. (value @ 10K per year)
About Ciclismo Classico:
Mission: The Ciclismo Classico mission is to transform lives with the world's most
innovative, fun, gorgeous, expertly guided bicycle tours and to make every ride or walk
like your first - full of learning, excitement, hope, joy and freedom! We feel privileged to
serve our unique itineraries to an international community of active travelers, ages 2 to
92, who share a love for cross-cultural learning. Our guests' curiosity, spirit, and passion
continually inspire us to reach for the highest standards possible. The group energy that
blossoms on every Ciclismo tour will invigorate you and your fellow companions.
Ciclismo Classico’s is located in Arlington MA, 10 miles north of Boston. For further
information: Please email your resume and a cover letter as to why you believe you are
the perfect candidate to email@example.com. Samples of your creative marketing
work welcome. Please no unsolicited employment calls